Education and Licensing Requirements

In order to become a Cypher Partner loan officer you will need to get a Real Estate Salesperson or Real Estate Broker license from the California Bureau of Real Estate, and a NMLS Mortgage Loan Officer endorsement for your BRE license.

There are both education and testing requirements for both items.

Licensing and Education

BRE Education and Licensing RequirementsNMLS Requirements

  • Education:

    • Real Estate Principles

    • Real Estate Practice

    • One elective from the following:

      • Real Estate Appraisal

      • Property Management

      • Real Estate Finance

      • Real Estate Economics

      • Legal Aspects of Real Estate

      • Real Estate Office Administration

      • General Accounting

      • Business Law

      • Escrows

      • Mortgage Loan Brokering and Lending

      • Computer Applications in Real Estate

      • Common Interest Developments

    • Fingerprints

    • State Level Exam

    • Pay Exam and Licensing Fees

  • 20 Hour SAFE ACT Licensing Course

  • Fingerprints (different from BRE)

  • NMLS Exam

  • Pay Exam and Licensing Fees


Skip to content